Habitat for Humanity of Michigan provides the following educational classes for individuals and families who are pursuing financial stability, are already on the road toward homeownership, or both!
We are passionate about preparing you well, whatever your goals may be!
GROUP HOMEBUYER EDUCATION CLASS SERIES:
This is a 6-hour class on the Introduction to Homeownership. Individuals or families will need to attend both dates in the series for completion. Each of the following series are held from 5:00-8:00pm.
- August 5-6
- September 9-10
- October 7-8
- November 4-5
- December 2-3
INDIVIDUAL HOMEBUYER EDUCATION CLASS:
This is a 2-hour class for families already in the mortgage process and working directly with a lender. Each of the following classes are held from 5:00-7:00pm.
- August 12
- August 20
- September 16
- September 24
- October 14
- October 22
- November 11
- November 19
- December 9
- December 17
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT GROUP CLASSES:
This is a 4-class series on topics surrounding financial management. Each class is held from 9:00-11:00am.
- August 7: Money Management
- August 14: Credit
- August 21: Consumer Protection
- August 28: Long-Term Planning
- September 4: Money Management
- September 11: Credit
- September 18: Consumer Protection
- September 25: Long-Term Planning
- October 2: Money Management
- October 9: Credit
- October 16: Consumer Protection
- October 23: Long-Term Planning
- October 30 : Money Management
- November 6: Credit
- November 13: Consumer Protection
- November 20: Long-Term Planning
- December 4: Money Management
- December 11: Credit
- December 18: Consumer Protection & Long-Term Planning (*9-12pm)
Each of the above classes will be held virtually, via Zoom, a secure and engaging video conferencing platform. Please call or email Anitra Austin (517-485-1006 x.117; firstname.lastname@example.org) to register for any of the classes. Registrants will then be sent a web link for the specific class/series.